Thursday, July 7, 2016

Assessment

Assessment Week 1

Videos I found interesting:

http://eleducation.org/resources/prioritizing-evidence-to-address-a-document-based-question

This video covered a group of students who searched out to group of primary sourced materials to answer a document-based question in preparation for their upcoming regents exams. This was an impressive video to me because it let the students get a hands on view of what was important in a source material and allowed them to see for themselves what made a source valid and have the proper credentials to be used as a primary source in a way that was fun and easy to understand. This also was a great way for the students to do this in a light unpressured way before being thrown into the scary environment set up by the regent exams.

http://eleducation.org/resources/thinking-and-speaking-like-scientists-through-a-science-talk

This video was interesting to me because it would be a useful activity in my future classroom where it really shows the students a first hand experience at what a scientific discussion would be like. In this video they needed to use scientific evidence to back up arguments and points while working off of each others data.

http://eleducation.org/resources/classroom-responsibilities

This video was a good example of giving students a sense of responsibility and to even take responsibility in a classroom which is an important aspect of life. This is a very real world lesson and it's great showing that they can start teaching it at such a young age in the video because its a lesson that will benefit the students throughout their lives.

Create:


Above is a basic rubric I would use for a project based around cell structure and it would be a good way to assess my students understanding of a basic animal cell. This project would allow the students to recreate what they learned in class and be able to visualize what they have been reading about to make it easier to understand.

Evaluate: Authentic Assessments

I used this assessment over a test or homework because personally as a student I absolutely hated tests and I feel like I never learned anything from a test and when I took a test I feel that I showed that I knew less than I actually did. So to avoid that I am going to try teaching with as little stress as achievable while allowing my students equal opportunity to show me that they know the course material in a way that is fun and educational. 





No comments:

Post a Comment